UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY
Pharmaceutical Research and Development Institute
ANALYTICAL SERVICE LABORATORIES
About the Institute
Pharmaceutical Research and Development Institute was established in 2014 and it comprises five units with a number of analytical laboratories equipped with sophisticated high tech instruments that are aimed to provide analytical services, shown on the opposite list of analytical services. Internationally approved official methods of qualitative and quantitative are adopted. The vision is to upgrade the scientific and technological base of chemical and pharmaceutical production and addressing research issues of national importance.
The targeted groups:
- Pharmaceutical and chemical industries.
- University staff and research students (pharmacists, chemists, Clinical and medical personnel, chemical engineers etc.), technicians and laboratory personnel.
- Government Departments, private sector companies and individuals.
- Private business and companies groups
- Undergraduate and postgraduate research projects for UMST students, students of other universities and students of regional universities
Typical analytical services:
- Pharmaceutical samples (raw materials and finished products, Pharmacokinetics studies)
- Environmental Samples
- Mineralogical and soil analysis.
- Analysis of herbal preparations for safety and efficacy.
- Food Analysis
- Medicinal plants extract Analysis
- Analysis of toxic and carcinogenic additives of Creams ointments and cosmetics.
- Cosmetics analysis
- Analysis of precious minerals (gold, silver, etc) in samples of and rocks and sands.
- Quality Characteristics Analysis of industrial raw materials.
- Gas Chromatography/Mass spectrometry GC-MS
- Liquid Chromatography/Mass spectrometry LC-MS
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography, HPLC
- UV/vis Instrument
- Infra red Instrument IR
- Atomic Absorption Instrument, A AS
P.O. Box: 12810 Khartoum – SUDAN
UMST and the Control of Onchocerciasis (River Blindness) in the Sudan
The University of Medical Sciences & Technology has contributed to the health promotion of Sudanese people, not only by first class research in neglected tropical diseases but also in implementation of control of these diseases in Sudan and especially in South Sudan before separating from the Sudan.
The document attached is an important milestone in the history of medicine in the Sudan.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Community Mental Health
To coincide with the World Mental Health Day, the Sudan Education & Development Institute (SEDI) at the University of Medical Sciences and Technology organized on October 10th, 2020 at the Global Conference Center, a symposium to discuss the Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Community Mental Health. The main speakers of the events were Dr. Mohamed Ali Siddig, HMC, Qatar, Prof. Fath Al Alim Mohamed Abdelrahim, UMST and Dr. Mohamed El Hassan Khalid also of UMST. The four paradigms of the Symposium were: Global Perspectives, Global Impact, Clinical Presentations and the Impact on Mental Health Services.
The symposium which proved highly relevant and well attended captivated the audience which was composed of UMST top Management, Deans of Faculties, lecturers and students, both graduate and undergraduate, and was also attended by distinguished guests from outside the University.
Despite the scientific specialized nature of the issues raised, the speakers managed to maintain the attention of the audience, who were obviously impressed by the scope and quality of the presentations
For full information of the issues raised we highly recommend accessing the information, through the link below: