Gian Marco Moratti Award 2020
UMST is glad to announce that, Owais Abdelhafeez Musa a former student and currently a business coach with the Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship was selected as one of the two winners of the Gian Marco Moratti Award 2020. The award is a cash prize of 3,000 Euros.
Congratulations to him for having developed a brilliant business innovations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
E4Impact Foundation in partnership with African Universities E4Impact has trained and accelerated 600+ entrepreneurs in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast and Senegal. E4Impact entrepreneurs created 3.500+ jobs.
E4Impact delivers its programme in Sudan in partnerships with the University of Medical Science and Technology UMST.
Know more about E4Impact from the below links
Become a CIM Affiliate and
improve your career prospects
Dear Students and Alumni, The Faculty of Business Administration is pleased to inform you that UMST has been recognized by The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) UK as an Affiliate Member; the first university in Sudan to gain this recognition. Details on how register are in attached pdf. Congratulations!!
UMST-Mashrouy COVID-19 Entrepreneurship Initiative
UMST and other companies have participated with Mashrouy COVID-19 program. The aim of the program was to deliver entrepreneurial content to the public in order to help them through the current pandamic, and allow them to think of new business ideas.
A team of UMST’s fulltime and part time lectures have participated in this initiative, by providing video-shoot which covered different topics in entrepreneurship. It took place from the beginning of May until the 20th of June.
Miss Dina Ghandour, Lecturer at UMST, Faculty of Business Administration & the Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship (E4-IMPACT-UMST Khartoum Campus), presented video shoots on:
Eng. Owais Khairy, Business Coach in the Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship (E4-IMPACT-UMST Khartoum Campus), presented video shoots on:
Ms. Marwa Mohamed, lecturer at the Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship (E4-IMPACT-UMST Khartoum Campus), presented video shoots on:
IN IMPACT ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Launch of the 2nd Edition
- ABOUT THE EVENT
ALTIS, the Graduate School of Business and Society of the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore,Milan, UMST, the University of Medical Sciences and Technology and the E4Impact Foundation, with the support of the Italian Embassy to Khartoum and the Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development, and the contribution of VueTel and CTC Group, are launching the 2nd edition of the Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship in Khartoum.
The launch will take place on November 30th at the at the Global Conference Center of UMST at 9:30 am and will be the occasion for entrepreneurs, businessmen and representatives of Sudan’s Institutions to discuss and network around:
- How the Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship can help to scale and grow your business;
- How to capture business opportunities between Italy and Sudan;
- What low hanging fruits entrepreneurs can capture in today’s Sudanese markets.
The event will also be the occasion to award the best entrepreneurs from the 1st edition and to confer 8 scholarships funded by the Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development for women and persons with disabilities.
- ABOUT THE MBA
The Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship is a 1-year business acceleration and training programme that aims to support entrepreneurs to start and scale their business. In partnership with top universities in Africa, ALTIS and E4Impact offer Global MBA in 11 Countries: Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Ghana, Ivory Coast, RD Congo, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Sudan and Zimbabwe.
Since 2010, ALTIS and E4Impact delivered 10 editions of the MBA and accelerated 1.000+ entrepreneurs. The MBA was first launched in Sudan in 2018 and concluded on October 19th, 2019 with a cohort of 49 new entrepreneurs. The 2nd edition of the MBA in Sudan will start on November 30th, 2019
The MBA boosts participants’ business by applying tools and platforms directly to the business. The MBA offers:
- ready-to-use and tailor-made tools to improve key strategies and functions of your business;
- investment opportunities consisting of 3 meetings with a panel of investors to present your business;
- one-to-one mentoring programs with a business advisor knowledgeable of the regional markets;
- ongoing networking opportunities with Sudanese entrepreneurs, businessman and institutions;
- a mix of international & local lecturers and experts to expand your business horizons;
- the opportunity to explore other African markets by linking with 600+ MBA Alumni across Africa;
- the Business Networking Week in Italy, a free of charge Milan-based program reserved to the MBA Alumni;
- a flexible calendar of 37 days of contact training spread in 9 sessions plus digital learning;
- an International MBA by ALTIS, Business School of Catholic University of Milan, Italy.
WhatsApp: +249925661328, +249121986626, +249183224496
BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION
The Business Plan Competition (BPC) is the last and the most important of the 3 competitions organized per each edition of the MBA. The competition was organized for the 1st Edition of the Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship in partnership with Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (“UCSC”), Milan Italy, University of Medical Sciences and Technology, Khartoum, Sudan and the E4Impact Foundation on Saturday, 19th of October, 2019 at the Global Conference Centre. The occasion was launched by the Italian Ambassador to Sudan.
Objectives of the BPC are to:
- Give MBA participants the chance to pitch their business to investors and business partners scouting their interest to engage beyond the MBA;
- Provide MBA participants with high quality feedback on the financial soundness of their businesses.
The BPC is organized in one round. Participants are divided in parallel sessions by development stage. Sessions will be:
- Stand-ups (idea stage, less than 1 year of existence);
- Start-ups (implementation stage, less than 3 years of existence);
- Scale-ups (growth stage, over 3 years of existence).
Each session has a dedicated jury with members specialized in the relevant industry. Each jury declares the winner of the relevant session.
Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship
1st Edition of the Business Model Compétition 2019
– Best Stand-ups: Mohammed Mutasim Bashir Nimir
– Best Start-ups: Mazin Osman Mohammed Elhassan Elbasheer and Mohammed Hashim Altayeb Babiker
– Best Scale-up and Best Social Impact: Owais Mohammed AbdelHafeez Hassan
– Best Improvement: Mohammed Hashim Altayeb Babiker
Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship
Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship: Financial Model Competition
Presented by student Fakhreldin Elsayouti. The presentation was attended by Faculty of Business Administration members of staff and Read more…
UMST’s Faculty of Business Administration held the fourth Universities and Medical Institutions Management Course on April 8, 2017.
The course was held on campus, with talks given by the faculty’s Dean, Dr Mohamed Faraj and associate professor’s, Dr Ali Mohamed Abbas Mohamed and Dr Abdelmageed Mahmoud.