UMST Public and Tropical Health Programmes celebrated the triumphant completion of the final Clinical Examinations for two batches of one of its much unbeaten programmes, namely M.Sc. in Family Medicine.
Despite the unrest that was spanning the country but the commitment of UMST towards its student remains unmovable and with all the unquestionable promise that UMST gives to each and every student that they get a quality education plus skill unmatched in any other higher education institution our batch 6 and 7 in the M.Sc. Family Medicine worked hard took their exams timely as planned for them in the original calendar.
The main External Examiners, Dr. Badria Elfaki El-Tahir, A Family Physician who came all the from the National Guards Hospital, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, plus a group Family Physicians from Sudan , Dr Nuha Taha Dr Taiseer Mohamed Elhassan and Dr Elshafea Abdallah Idriss have all commented on the very high caliber of the students and were really commended the university for its consistent and unfailing standards of its postgraduate studies.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
جامعة العلوم الطبية والتكنولوجيا تحتفي طلابها الجُدد
نظمت جامعةُ العلومِ الطبيةِ والتكنولوجيا أخيراً برنامجاً احتفائياً بمناسبة إستقبال الطلاب الجُدد للعام الدراسي 2019- 2020، وذلك في مباني الجامعة
وأقيم حفل استقبال الطلاب الجُدد تحت شعار”تميز بلا حدود”، حيث شمل الاحتفال على فيلم وثائقي عن الجامعة وبرامج ثقافية وترفيهية
وكان الأب فيلو ثاوث فرج ضيف شرف الحفل، حيث قدم كلمة ضافية عن الجامعة وتميزها وسط الجامعات السودانية، وذيوع شهرتها وطيب سمعتها محلياً وإقليمياً وعالمياً.
وحضر الحفل عدد كبير من أولياء أمور الطلاب الجدد، ليشهدوا احتفاء الجامعة بأبنائهم وبناتهم الذين تم قبولهم في كليات الجامعة المختلفة للعام الدراسي 2019-2020.
برنامج حفل استقبال الطلاب الجُدد
للعام الدراسي 2019 – 2020
تحت شعار (تميز بلا حدود)
القرآن الكريم ( 10:00 – 10:05) –
كورال الجامعة (نشيد الجامعة + أغنية وطنية) (10:05 – 10:20) –
كلمة عميد شؤون الطلاب (10:20 – (10:30) –
كلمة ممثل الطلاب الجدد ( 10:30- 10:40) –
كلمة ممثل طلاب الجامعة (10:40 – (10:50) –
كلمة رئيس الجامعة (10:50) – (11:10) –
كلمة نائب رئيس مجلس أمناء الجامعة + تقديم راعي الحفل (11:10 – 11:35) –
كلمة راعي حفل استقبال الطلاب الجُدد (11:35 – 12:00) –
تكريم أوائل الخريجين للعام الدراسي 2018- 2019 –
مع تحيات مركزالإعلام بالجامعة
AS pioneer in health services and Education in Sudan , it gives University of Medical Sciences and Technology Collage of Graduate Studies pleasure to announce opening application, for master degree in . In Medical Diagnostic Ultrasound M.Sc.. at the Faculty of Radiology .
The program include four semesters (two academic years) and complementary research.
Applying for this program starts from 29/8/2019 and the program starts on 28/9/2019
Admission requirements and Conditions
To be eligible for consideration in to the M.Sc. program, a candidate should fulfill the following:
Should have Bachelor of Science (honors) in Radiology From University of Medical Sciences and Technology or other well recognized University minimally (second class – Divivision2)
Should have Bachelor of Science (honors) in Radiology From University of Medical Sciences and Technology or other well recognized University minimally (third class – Divivision2) in addition to qualifying (advanced course) diploma .
Should have Bachelor of Science (honors) in Medicine From University of Medical Sciences and Technology or other well recognized University in addition to a high diploma in one of the fields of medical
Discharge of National service
Two colored phot ( passport size)
Valid Identification (ID card – passport – National number )
IF you are interested to enroll this program please fill in form at the faculty of graduate Studies UMST
Candidate has to pass the interview before registrations.
University of Medical Sciences and Technology
College of Graduate Studies
Faculty of Radiological science
Master Program in Ultrasound Diagnosis Reception of students of the first batch.
Under the slogan
Sound waves specialist, the pillar of health services in Sudan.
Prof. Mamoun Mohamed Ali Hemida Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the University.
The International Conference Hall (The GCC Building)
Time is 23/3/2019 at 12:00 pm.
|The Holy Quran||12:00-12:5|
|Dean of Faculty of Radiology||12:15-12:5|
|Dean of the College of Graduate||12:25-12:15|
|Speech of the President of the University||12:35-12:25|
|Speech of the Chairman of the Board of Trustees||12:45-12:35|
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Opening of Al – Zaytouna Charity Center at Al-Salama
As part of its Social Responsibility practices, the University of Medical Science and Technology opened on Thursday 14/03/2019 a medical center at Al-Salama in the southern part of Khartoum. Tha opening was honored by the Assistant to the President of the Republic Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Senousi in the presence of the Director of the Ministry of Health, State of Khartoum Dr Babekir Mohammad Ali. The refering center near the Lake MosqueM, Lake Satation is composed of a Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dental, Child Vaccination and Pregnancy Detection, X-ray, ECG, Ultrasound, Reference Laboratory, Integrated Pharmacy. The center works with both the State and National Health Insurance bodies.[wonderplugin_slider id=74]
Owais Abdelhfeez Scoops First Prize of My Project on its 5th Season
Owais Mohammed Abdelhfeez Hassan, a student at the University of Medical Science and Technology, won the first prize of “My Project for the Fifth Season” to receive a 300,000 Sudanese Pounds prize money and a training trip to Britain.
Owais is enrolled in the in the Global MBA Impact in Entrepreneurship provided by the Italian University Cattolica in partnership with the University of Medical Sciences and Technology.
Owais has previously worked for several years with a number of companies operating in the field of Communications Engineering. Currently, he owns a wooden products company and works on a irrigation system. His project “DOUASH” is aiming at solving the problem of irrigation in medium-sized agricultural farms to increase the material return of farmers.The project strives to provide irrigation water by employing well-planned irrigation devises, responding to the specific needs of each plant. In this sense “DOUASH” is project for producing high quality national product at a competitive price.Owais maintains that he “believes that each of us has a role to play in this life.
It is our duty to society to contribute our vision and vision to the development and reconstruction of our societies so that future generations can enjoy a dignified livelihood for future generations and ensure the continuity of life”. He reiterates his belief that change comes with production and pushing the wheel of development forward, and not through theorizing and contaminating ideas with talk about economic theories.
Owais is the third student at UMST to win the “My Project” award for creative initiatives and new non-traditional inventions.
Declaration by the High Representative on behalf of the European Union on the situation in Sudan:
The EU is closely following the situation in Sudan. Measures being adopted under the newly declared state of emergency, the increased role of the military in governing the country, further curtail fundamental freedoms and undermine the recent offer of a new political dialogue.
They create a permissive climate for the security services to act with impunity against peaceful protesters. The latest attacks against unarmed students in the University of Medical Sciences and Technology and against peaceful protesters in Omdurman, are deeply disturbing.
Genuine political dialogue requires an environment in which the Sudanese people can exercise their legitimate right to express their views. This will be essential to create the national consensus needed to find sustainable responses to Sudan’s deep political and economic crisis.
The EU expects the Sudanese government to release all the journalists, members of the opposition, human rights defenders and other protesters in detention. Some of those with whom the dialogue is set to take place have been arbitrarily detained for over two months now. An independent investigation into the deaths and abuses should be undertaken with those responsible held to account.
The respect for these fundamental principles are at the core of the EU’s phased engagement with the government of Sudan. We will continue to monitor the situation and review the impact of the Government of Sudan’s actions on ites relations with the European Union.
* This statement was issued by Ms Frederica Mogherini, the EU High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice President of the European Commission in agreement with the European Union’s member states.
The European Union consists of 28 European countries (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom).
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Statement from Prof. Mamoun Homeida the Chairmen of the Board of Trustees of the University of Medical Sciences and Technology
Dr. Nada Mohamed Ramadan was assigned as representative of Al-Isbaah Center for Civilizational and Political Studies in the Republic of Sudan.
And she was awarded the membership of the Scientific Committee of the Electronic refereed scientific Alisbaah Journal.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Statement from UMST Senate
The Senate of the University of Medical Sciences and Technology convened on emergency meeting on Monday the 25th of February to review and evaluate the unfortunate events that took place at the university precinct on Saturday the 24th of February. The Senate decided to issue a statement to establish and ascertain the following facts:
• Since its founding in May 1996 the University has remained faithful to fulfilling its academic and moral obligations and maintaining academic stability through steering away from political conflicts in order to preserve the safety of its students and continuity of their academic programs.
• The University exerted tremendous effort to continue the study by enabling its students to conducting their exams in a stable and successful manner. Immediately after the completion of the examination, classes were organized for the second semester of the academic year 2018-2019.
• Due to pressure generated by the current political environment outside the university and the suspension of studies of other universities, the students, including a numbers from other universities, congregated and demonstrated peacefully inside the university on Saturday 23rd of February. That demonstration was contained, but the returned to demonstrate and managed to leave the university campus. The denounced the entry of security forces and the police into the campus. This intrusion is contrary to the customs and traditions observed in breaking the demonstrations of students. Those unruly interventions resulted in serious repercussions including the safety of students, university staff and employees, and inflicting damage on the university property.
• The university asserts that it has never asked the security forces to enter the university campus; a preposterous claim circulated in some social networking sites, Contrary to that the University Vice President and the Principal together with a number of the University staff tried to prevent the students from going out into the street, but the student managed to crash the Southern gate, allowing the security men to enter and follow them into the campus and the halls and laboratories leading to considerable damage.
• Feeling great pain coupled with sadness and grief, the Senate has decided to suspend the study at the University pending completion of the investigations conducted by the University’s administration. At a parallel level the efforts of the top Management resulted in the release of the students detained by security forces on the same day of arrest, The detainees including included professors, administrators and students
• It is worth mentioning that Professor Mamoun Homida has made a determined effort with the concerned authorities to ensure the release of all students detained by the security forces.
• Finally, the University wishes to reassure its staff and parents that it will continue its academic mission, characterized by discipline and academic stability.