The University of Medical Science and technology congratulate the successful students in the Sudan school certificate and foreign secondary certificate examinations who are eligible to apply to various collages at different universities for the year 2021 .
The video of the launch of the second edition of the Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship has been selected as the video of the month by E4Impact Foundation, UCSC, Milan.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
جامعة العلوم الطبية والتكنولوجيا تحتفي طلابها الجُدد
نظمت جامعةُ العلومِ الطبيةِ والتكنولوجيا أخيراً برنامجاً احتفائياً بمناسبة إستقبال الطلاب الجُدد للعام الدراسي 2019- 2020، وذلك في مباني الجامعة
وأقيم حفل استقبال الطلاب الجُدد تحت شعار”تميز بلا حدود”، حيث شمل الاحتفال على فيلم وثائقي عن الجامعة وبرامج ثقافية وترفيهية
وكان الأب فيلو ثاوث فرج ضيف شرف الحفل، حيث قدم كلمة ضافية عن الجامعة وتميزها وسط الجامعات السودانية، وذيوع شهرتها وطيب سمعتها محلياً وإقليمياً وعالمياً.
وحضر الحفل عدد كبير من أولياء أمور الطلاب الجدد، ليشهدوا احتفاء الجامعة بأبنائهم وبناتهم الذين تم قبولهم في كليات الجامعة المختلفة للعام الدراسي 2019-2020.
برنامج حفل استقبال الطلاب الجُدد
للعام الدراسي 2019 – 2020
تحت شعار (تميز بلا حدود)
القرآن الكريم ( 10:00 – 10:05) –
كورال الجامعة (نشيد الجامعة + أغنية وطنية) (10:05 – 10:20) –
كلمة عميد شؤون الطلاب (10:20 – (10:30) –
كلمة ممثل الطلاب الجدد ( 10:30- 10:40) –
كلمة ممثل طلاب الجامعة (10:40 – (10:50) –
كلمة رئيس الجامعة (10:50) – (11:10) –
كلمة نائب رئيس مجلس أمناء الجامعة + تقديم راعي الحفل (11:10 – 11:35) –
كلمة راعي حفل استقبال الطلاب الجُدد (11:35 – 12:00) –
تكريم أوائل الخريجين للعام الدراسي 2018- 2019 –
مع تحيات مركزالإعلام بالجامعة
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Opening of Al – Zaytouna Charity Center at Al-Salama
As part of its Social Responsibility practices, the University of Medical Science and Technology opened on Thursday 14/03/2019 a medical center at Al-Salama in the southern part of Khartoum. Tha opening was honored by the Assistant to the President of the Republic Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Senousi in the presence of the Director of the Ministry of Health, State of Khartoum Dr Babekir Mohammad Ali. The refering center near the Lake MosqueM, Lake Satation is composed of a Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dental, Child Vaccination and Pregnancy Detection, X-ray, ECG, Ultrasound, Reference Laboratory, Integrated Pharmacy. The center works with both the State and National Health Insurance bodies.[wonderplugin_slider id=74]
Owais Abdelhfeez Scoops First Prize of My Project on its 5th Season
Owais Mohammed Abdelhfeez Hassan, a student at the University of Medical Science and Technology, won the first prize of “My Project for the Fifth Season” to receive a 300,000 Sudanese Pounds prize money and a training trip to Britain.
Owais is enrolled in the in the Global MBA Impact in Entrepreneurship provided by the Italian University Cattolica in partnership with the University of Medical Sciences and Technology.
Owais has previously worked for several years with a number of companies operating in the field of Communications Engineering. Currently, he owns a wooden products company and works on a irrigation system. His project “DOUASH” is aiming at solving the problem of irrigation in medium-sized agricultural farms to increase the material return of farmers.The project strives to provide irrigation water by employing well-planned irrigation devises, responding to the specific needs of each plant. In this sense “DOUASH” is project for producing high quality national product at a competitive price.Owais maintains that he “believes that each of us has a role to play in this life.
It is our duty to society to contribute our vision and vision to the development and reconstruction of our societies so that future generations can enjoy a dignified livelihood for future generations and ensure the continuity of life”. He reiterates his belief that change comes with production and pushing the wheel of development forward, and not through theorizing and contaminating ideas with talk about economic theories.
Owais is the third student at UMST to win the “My Project” award for creative initiatives and new non-traditional inventions.
Declaration by the High Representative on behalf of the European Union on the situation in Sudan:
The EU is closely following the situation in Sudan. Measures being adopted under the newly declared state of emergency, the increased role of the military in governing the country, further curtail fundamental freedoms and undermine the recent offer of a new political dialogue.
They create a permissive climate for the security services to act with impunity against peaceful protesters. The latest attacks against unarmed students in the University of Medical Sciences and Technology and against peaceful protesters in Omdurman, are deeply disturbing.
Genuine political dialogue requires an environment in which the Sudanese people can exercise their legitimate right to express their views. This will be essential to create the national consensus needed to find sustainable responses to Sudan’s deep political and economic crisis.
The EU expects the Sudanese government to release all the journalists, members of the opposition, human rights defenders and other protesters in detention. Some of those with whom the dialogue is set to take place have been arbitrarily detained for over two months now. An independent investigation into the deaths and abuses should be undertaken with those responsible held to account.
The respect for these fundamental principles are at the core of the EU’s phased engagement with the government of Sudan. We will continue to monitor the situation and review the impact of the Government of Sudan’s actions on ites relations with the European Union.
* This statement was issued by Ms Frederica Mogherini, the EU High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice President of the European Commission in agreement with the European Union’s member states.
The European Union consists of 28 European countries (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom).
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Statement from Prof. Mamoun Homeida the Chairmen of the Board of Trustees of the University of Medical Sciences and Technology
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Statement from UMST Senate
The Senate of the University of Medical Sciences and Technology convened on emergency meeting on Monday the 25th of February to review and evaluate the unfortunate events that took place at the university precinct on Saturday the 24th of February. The Senate decided to issue a statement to establish and ascertain the following facts:
• Since its founding in May 1996 the University has remained faithful to fulfilling its academic and moral obligations and maintaining academic stability through steering away from political conflicts in order to preserve the safety of its students and continuity of their academic programs.
• The University exerted tremendous effort to continue the study by enabling its students to conducting their exams in a stable and successful manner. Immediately after the completion of the examination, classes were organized for the second semester of the academic year 2018-2019.
• Due to pressure generated by the current political environment outside the university and the suspension of studies of other universities, the students, including a numbers from other universities, congregated and demonstrated peacefully inside the university on Saturday 23rd of February. That demonstration was contained, but the returned to demonstrate and managed to leave the university campus. The denounced the entry of security forces and the police into the campus. This intrusion is contrary to the customs and traditions observed in breaking the demonstrations of students. Those unruly interventions resulted in serious repercussions including the safety of students, university staff and employees, and inflicting damage on the university property.
• The university asserts that it has never asked the security forces to enter the university campus; a preposterous claim circulated in some social networking sites, Contrary to that the University Vice President and the Principal together with a number of the University staff tried to prevent the students from going out into the street, but the student managed to crash the Southern gate, allowing the security men to enter and follow them into the campus and the halls and laboratories leading to considerable damage.
• Feeling great pain coupled with sadness and grief, the Senate has decided to suspend the study at the University pending completion of the investigations conducted by the University’s administration. At a parallel level the efforts of the top Management resulted in the release of the students detained by security forces on the same day of arrest, The detainees including included professors, administrators and students
• It is worth mentioning that Professor Mamoun Homida has made a determined effort with the concerned authorities to ensure the release of all students detained by the security forces.
• Finally, the University wishes to reassure its staff and parents that it will continue its academic mission, characterized by discipline and academic stability.