Dr Iman Tag Elsir Abdullah
• PhD in Chemistry of Natural Products.
• Assistant Professor at the University of Medical Sciences and Technology.
• Head of Chemistry Department, UMST.
• Scientific Consultant, Sudanese Union of Herbalists and Complementary Medicine.
• Member of the Committee of the Association of Complementary Medicine, Medical and Health Professions.
• Director of Taj Al Thuraya Center for Treatment of Asthma.
Dr Iman is a proud holder of :
International and national patent of international intellectual property WIPO (pct) Geneva
This entails the protection and registration of the product in Sudan, South America, South Africa, India UAE, Saudi Arabia and Egypt.
An international searching report emphasized that the product is a new invention and can be manufactured in accordance with the patent’s conditions and within the period circulation as specified by the global trading of WIPO;
- Missions and Representation:
Sudan representative of Intellectual Property at the Conference of Women Inventors and Innovators in the Middle East (International Intellectual Property Organization in association with the League of Arab States (Cairo).
- Scientific Inimitability Conference for Medical Sciences (Abu Dhabi).
- Interview in the program Good Morning Arabs, Arabiya Channel, Dubai.
- Numerous ppublications of scientific papers.
- National Symposium on Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) regarding worldwide Patent Awarding System (Ministry of Justice in Cooperation with the Africa International University).
- Launching of experiments in 2011 at the National Research Center and then depositing the patent papers (action plan) with the Intellectual Property of Sudan at the General Registrar of Intellectual Property. In 2013 Papers were later transferred to the National Council of Medicines and Toxins. Following sending all the relevant results a patent was issued testifying that the product is safe and can be used as a treatment and subsequently:
• The outcome was published globally in September 2016.
• Its use has proved to be beneficial for many of its users.
• The product is composed of herbal and natural products and honey. It does not have any additives or industrial components.
Environment students are invited to present papers and posters at the Water Security and Climate Change Conference in Nairobi which is sponsored by Cologne University and DAAD.
This annual conference is held at different countries under the sponsorship of Institute of Tropic and Subtropic Area, University of Cologne, Germany).
A Lecture Entitled: The new media product in the virtual reality environment, will be held on Monday 17 – Dec at 10:00 Am at the Global Conference Center (GCC). the speaker is Dr. Abbas Mustafa Sadig International expert in the field of new media State of United Arab Emirates.
Part of Dr. Abbas Publications:
The Deanship of Student Affairs at the University of Medical Science and Technology organized the International Day of People with disability to deepen the integration of the local community with the outside society. The session was held on Thursday 6/12/2018 from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
The University hosted a number of guests to participate in the celebration from the evil house and from the professional rehabilitation center of our family association (Omdurman) with their singing teams and their exhibitions, as well as the members of the Sudan Center for Down Syndrome in the eastern Nile district.
The Deanship of Students affairs in association of the Faculty of Economic, Social and Environmental Studies celebrated on the 10th of this month the International Human Rights Day. The celebration is a timely reminder of the issuing and signing of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights 70 years ago. The Declaration stipulates, amongst other things, that everyone should live in dignity and free of the shackles of slavery, discrimination and limitation of freedom of movement, belief, opinion and expression.
This celebration is part of the University sustained efforts commemorate the international occasions and using them as springboard to educate its students and connecting them with the outside world
The celebration was attended by Professor Modethir Abdul Rahim, President of the Sudanese Society of the United Nations, Mr. Fadel Mohammed Ministry of Justice and Mr. Joseph Suleiman Khalil, former President of the Commission of the World Organization for Human Rights and a member of the National Council and Legal Advisor.
The students of the 11th batch of the Faculty of Nursing Sciences together with the 11th batch of the Masters of Community Health Nursing embarked on their seventeenth Scientific Trip to the areas of Mashkila and Nouri in the Northern State from 9/12/2018 to 22/12/2018. The program includes maternal and child health, combating harmful habits and health of the elderly. The program also includes seminars and training courses in first aid, home nursing, breast self-examination, as well as environmental sanitation, and general medical care day.
The Sudan Education and Development institute (SEDI) Held a course in Women’s Health Medical Disorders in pregnancy & infertility – in the Global Conference Center (GCC) from 27th- 29th November 2018- it was attended by really 100 doctors from( M.O.H) mainly family medicine doctors from primary health care and final medical students from the university (UMST)
Two eminent guest speakers from Corniche Hospital (UAE) namely, doctor Saleema Wani (FRCOQ) head dept of OBST& GYN, and Dr. Bashir Taha Salih (Head dept of Obstetric medicine) from UMST Dr. Helmi Noor (Head of OBST, Dr. Mohamed Abdulrahem, Cons. OBST& GYN, Dr. Ahmed Dirar, consultant Endocrinologist, Dr. Salma Alnouri and Fateh Al.Alim , prof of psychiatry .
They discussed various Topics related to medical problems & pregnancy including infertility & mevpemunt , prescribing in pregnancy
Hypertension in pregnancy, Epilepsy in pregnancy , Eclampsia and how to manage as well as Cardio diseases with pregnancy and mental Health.
The third day was mainly on hematological problems & anemia in pregnancy, Headache, diabetes and obesity in pregnancy.