IN IMPACT ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Launch of the 2nd Edition
- ABOUT THE EVENT
ALTIS, the Graduate School of Business and Society of the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore,Milan, UMST, the University of Medical Sciences and Technology and the E4Impact Foundation, with the support of the Italian Embassy to Khartoum and the Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development, and the contribution of VueTel and CTC Group, are launching the 2nd edition of the Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship in Khartoum.
The launch will take place on November 30th at the at the Global Conference Center of UMST at 9:30 am and will be the occasion for entrepreneurs, businessmen and representatives of Sudan’s Institutions to discuss and network around:
- How the Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship can help to scale and grow your business;
- How to capture business opportunities between Italy and Sudan;
- What low hanging fruits entrepreneurs can capture in today’s Sudanese markets.
The event will also be the occasion to award the best entrepreneurs from the 1st edition and to confer 8 scholarships funded by the Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development for women and persons with disabilities.
- ABOUT THE MBA
The Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship is a 1-year business acceleration and training programme that aims to support entrepreneurs to start and scale their business. In partnership with top universities in Africa, ALTIS and E4Impact offer Global MBA in 11 Countries: Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Ghana, Ivory Coast, RD Congo, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Sudan and Zimbabwe.
Since 2010, ALTIS and E4Impact delivered 10 editions of the MBA and accelerated 1.000+ entrepreneurs. The MBA was first launched in Sudan in 2018 and concluded on October 19th, 2019 with a cohort of 49 new entrepreneurs. The 2nd edition of the MBA in Sudan will start on November 30th, 2019
The MBA boosts participants’ business by applying tools and platforms directly to the business. The MBA offers:
- ready-to-use and tailor-made tools to improve key strategies and functions of your business;
- investment opportunities consisting of 3 meetings with a panel of investors to present your business;
- one-to-one mentoring programs with a business advisor knowledgeable of the regional markets;
- ongoing networking opportunities with Sudanese entrepreneurs, businessman and institutions;
- a mix of international & local lecturers and experts to expand your business horizons;
- the opportunity to explore other African markets by linking with 600+ MBA Alumni across Africa;
- the Business Networking Week in Italy, a free of charge Milan-based program reserved to the MBA Alumni;
- a flexible calendar of 37 days of contact training spread in 9 sessions plus digital learning;
- an International MBA by ALTIS, Business School of Catholic University of Milan, Italy.
WhatsApp: +249925661328, +249121986626, +249183224496
BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION
The Business Plan Competition (BPC) is the last and the most important of the 3 competitions organized per each edition of the MBA. The competition was organized for the 1st Edition of the Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship in partnership with Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (“UCSC”), Milan Italy, University of Medical Sciences and Technology, Khartoum, Sudan and the E4Impact Foundation on Saturday, 19th of October, 2019 at the Global Conference Centre. The occasion was launched by the Italian Ambassador to Sudan.
Objectives of the BPC are to:
- Give MBA participants the chance to pitch their business to investors and business partners scouting their interest to engage beyond the MBA;
- Provide MBA participants with high quality feedback on the financial soundness of their businesses.
The BPC is organized in one round. Participants are divided in parallel sessions by development stage. Sessions will be:
- Stand-ups (idea stage, less than 1 year of existence);
- Start-ups (implementation stage, less than 3 years of existence);
- Scale-ups (growth stage, over 3 years of existence).
Each session has a dedicated jury with members specialized in the relevant industry. Each jury declares the winner of the relevant session.
Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship
1st Edition of the Business Model Compétition 2019
– Best Stand-ups: Mohammed Mutasim Bashir Nimir
– Best Start-ups: Mazin Osman Mohammed Elhassan Elbasheer and Mohammed Hashim Altayeb Babiker
– Best Scale-up and Best Social Impact: Owais Mohammed AbdelHafeez Hassan
– Best Improvement: Mohammed Hashim Altayeb Babiker
Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship
Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship: Financial Model Competition
Owais Abdelhfeez Scoops First Prize of My Project on its 5th Season
Owais Mohammed Abdelhfeez Hassan, a student at the University of Medical Science and Technology, won the first prize of “My Project for the Fifth Season” to receive a 300,000 Sudanese Pounds prize money and a training trip to Britain.
Owais is enrolled in the in the Global MBA Impact in Entrepreneurship provided by the Italian University Cattolica in partnership with the University of Medical Sciences and Technology.
Owais has previously worked for several years with a number of companies operating in the field of Communications Engineering. Currently, he owns a wooden products company and works on a irrigation system. His project “DOUASH” is aiming at solving the problem of irrigation in medium-sized agricultural farms to increase the material return of farmers.The project strives to provide irrigation water by employing well-planned irrigation devises, responding to the specific needs of each plant. In this sense “DOUASH” is project for producing high quality national product at a competitive price.Owais maintains that he “believes that each of us has a role to play in this life.
It is our duty to society to contribute our vision and vision to the development and reconstruction of our societies so that future generations can enjoy a dignified livelihood for future generations and ensure the continuity of life”. He reiterates his belief that change comes with production and pushing the wheel of development forward, and not through theorizing and contaminating ideas with talk about economic theories.
Owais is the third student at UMST to win the “My Project” award for creative initiatives and new non-traditional inventions.