IN IMPACT ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Launch of the 2nd Edition
- ABOUT THE EVENT
ALTIS, the Graduate School of Business and Society of the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore,Milan, UMST, the University of Medical Sciences and Technology and the E4Impact Foundation, with the support of the Italian Embassy to Khartoum and the Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development, and the contribution of VueTel and CTC Group, are launching the 2nd edition of the Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship in Khartoum.
The launch will take place on November 30th at the at the Global Conference Center of UMST at 9:30 am and will be the occasion for entrepreneurs, businessmen and representatives of Sudan’s Institutions to discuss and network around:
- How the Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship can help to scale and grow your business;
- How to capture business opportunities between Italy and Sudan;
- What low hanging fruits entrepreneurs can capture in today’s Sudanese markets.
The event will also be the occasion to award the best entrepreneurs from the 1st edition and to confer 8 scholarships funded by the Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development for women and persons with disabilities.
- ABOUT THE MBA
The Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship is a 1-year business acceleration and training programme that aims to support entrepreneurs to start and scale their business. In partnership with top universities in Africa, ALTIS and E4Impact offer Global MBA in 11 Countries: Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Ghana, Ivory Coast, RD Congo, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Sudan and Zimbabwe.
Since 2010, ALTIS and E4Impact delivered 10 editions of the MBA and accelerated 1.000+ entrepreneurs. The MBA was first launched in Sudan in 2018 and concluded on October 19th, 2019 with a cohort of 49 new entrepreneurs. The 2nd edition of the MBA in Sudan will start on November 30th, 2019
The MBA boosts participants’ business by applying tools and platforms directly to the business. The MBA offers:
- ready-to-use and tailor-made tools to improve key strategies and functions of your business;
- investment opportunities consisting of 3 meetings with a panel of investors to present your business;
- one-to-one mentoring programs with a business advisor knowledgeable of the regional markets;
- ongoing networking opportunities with Sudanese entrepreneurs, businessman and institutions;
- a mix of international & local lecturers and experts to expand your business horizons;
- the opportunity to explore other African markets by linking with 600+ MBA Alumni across Africa;
- the Business Networking Week in Italy, a free of charge Milan-based program reserved to the MBA Alumni;
- a flexible calendar of 37 days of contact training spread in 9 sessions plus digital learning;
- an International MBA by ALTIS, Business School of Catholic University of Milan, Italy.
WhatsApp: +249925661328, +249121986626, +249183224496
BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION
The Business Plan Competition (BPC) is the last and the most important of the 3 competitions organized per each edition of the MBA. The competition was organized for the 1st Edition of the Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship in partnership with Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (“UCSC”), Milan Italy, University of Medical Sciences and Technology, Khartoum, Sudan and the E4Impact Foundation on Saturday, 19th of October, 2019 at the Global Conference Centre. The occasion was launched by the Italian Ambassador to Sudan.
Objectives of the BPC are to:
- Give MBA participants the chance to pitch their business to investors and business partners scouting their interest to engage beyond the MBA;
- Provide MBA participants with high quality feedback on the financial soundness of their businesses.
The BPC is organized in one round. Participants are divided in parallel sessions by development stage. Sessions will be:
- Stand-ups (idea stage, less than 1 year of existence);
- Start-ups (implementation stage, less than 3 years of existence);
- Scale-ups (growth stage, over 3 years of existence).
Each session has a dedicated jury with members specialized in the relevant industry. Each jury declares the winner of the relevant session.
Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship
UMST Public and Tropical Health Programmes celebrated the triumphant completion of the final Clinical Examinations for two batches of one of its much unbeaten programmes, namely M.Sc. in Family Medicine.
Despite the unrest that was spanning the country but the commitment of UMST towards its student remains unmovable and with all the unquestionable promise that UMST gives to each and every student that they get a quality education plus skill unmatched in any other higher education institution our batch 6 and 7 in the M.Sc. Family Medicine worked hard took their exams timely as planned for them in the original calendar.
The main External Examiners, Dr. Badria Elfaki El-Tahir, A Family Physician who came all the from the National Guards Hospital, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, plus a group Family Physicians from Sudan , Dr Nuha Taha Dr Taiseer Mohamed Elhassan and Dr Elshafea Abdallah Idriss have all commented on the very high caliber of the students and were really commended the university for its consistent and unfailing standards of its postgraduate studies.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
جامعة العلوم الطبية والتكنولوجيا تحتفي طلابها الجُدد
نظمت جامعةُ العلومِ الطبيةِ والتكنولوجيا أخيراً برنامجاً احتفائياً بمناسبة إستقبال الطلاب الجُدد للعام الدراسي 2019- 2020، وذلك في مباني الجامعة
وأقيم حفل استقبال الطلاب الجُدد تحت شعار”تميز بلا حدود”، حيث شمل الاحتفال على فيلم وثائقي عن الجامعة وبرامج ثقافية وترفيهية
وكان الأب فيلو ثاوث فرج ضيف شرف الحفل، حيث قدم كلمة ضافية عن الجامعة وتميزها وسط الجامعات السودانية، وذيوع شهرتها وطيب سمعتها محلياً وإقليمياً وعالمياً.
وحضر الحفل عدد كبير من أولياء أمور الطلاب الجدد، ليشهدوا احتفاء الجامعة بأبنائهم وبناتهم الذين تم قبولهم في كليات الجامعة المختلفة للعام الدراسي 2019-2020.
برنامج حفل استقبال الطلاب الجُدد
للعام الدراسي 2019 – 2020
تحت شعار (تميز بلا حدود)
القرآن الكريم ( 10:00 – 10:05) –
كورال الجامعة (نشيد الجامعة + أغنية وطنية) (10:05 – 10:20) –
كلمة عميد شؤون الطلاب (10:20 – (10:30) –
كلمة ممثل الطلاب الجدد ( 10:30- 10:40) –
كلمة ممثل طلاب الجامعة (10:40 – (10:50) –
كلمة رئيس الجامعة (10:50) – (11:10) –
كلمة نائب رئيس مجلس أمناء الجامعة + تقديم راعي الحفل (11:10 – 11:35) –
كلمة راعي حفل استقبال الطلاب الجُدد (11:35 – 12:00) –
تكريم أوائل الخريجين للعام الدراسي 2018- 2019 –
مع تحيات مركزالإعلام بالجامعة
1st Edition of the Business Model Compétition 2019
– Best Stand-ups: Mohammed Mutasim Bashir Nimir
– Best Start-ups: Mazin Osman Mohammed Elhassan Elbasheer and Mohammed Hashim Altayeb Babiker
– Best Scale-up and Best Social Impact: Owais Mohammed AbdelHafeez Hassan
– Best Improvement: Mohammed Hashim Altayeb Babiker
Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship
Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship: Financial Model Competition
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Opening of Al – Zaytouna Charity Center at Al-Salama
As part of its Social Responsibility practices, the University of Medical Science and Technology opened on Thursday 14/03/2019 a medical center at Al-Salama in the southern part of Khartoum. Tha opening was honored by the Assistant to the President of the Republic Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Senousi in the presence of the Director of the Ministry of Health, State of Khartoum Dr Babekir Mohammad Ali. The refering center near the Lake MosqueM, Lake Satation is composed of a Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dental, Child Vaccination and Pregnancy Detection, X-ray, ECG, Ultrasound, Reference Laboratory, Integrated Pharmacy. The center works with both the State and National Health Insurance bodies.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Statement from Prof. Mamoun Homeida the Chairmen of the Board of Trustees of the University of Medical Sciences and Technology
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Statement from UMST Senate
The Senate of the University of Medical Sciences and Technology convened on emergency meeting on Monday the 25th of February to review and evaluate the unfortunate events that took place at the university precinct on Saturday the 24th of February. The Senate decided to issue a statement to establish and ascertain the following facts:
• Since its founding in May 1996 the University has remained faithful to fulfilling its academic and moral obligations and maintaining academic stability through steering away from political conflicts in order to preserve the safety of its students and continuity of their academic programs.
• The University exerted tremendous effort to continue the study by enabling its students to conducting their exams in a stable and successful manner. Immediately after the completion of the examination, classes were organized for the second semester of the academic year 2018-2019.
• Due to pressure generated by the current political environment outside the university and the suspension of studies of other universities, the students, including a numbers from other universities, congregated and demonstrated peacefully inside the university on Saturday 23rd of February. That demonstration was contained, but the returned to demonstrate and managed to leave the university campus. The denounced the entry of security forces and the police into the campus. This intrusion is contrary to the customs and traditions observed in breaking the demonstrations of students. Those unruly interventions resulted in serious repercussions including the safety of students, university staff and employees, and inflicting damage on the university property.
• The university asserts that it has never asked the security forces to enter the university campus; a preposterous claim circulated in some social networking sites, Contrary to that the University Vice President and the Principal together with a number of the University staff tried to prevent the students from going out into the street, but the student managed to crash the Southern gate, allowing the security men to enter and follow them into the campus and the halls and laboratories leading to considerable damage.
• Feeling great pain coupled with sadness and grief, the Senate has decided to suspend the study at the University pending completion of the investigations conducted by the University’s administration. At a parallel level the efforts of the top Management resulted in the release of the students detained by security forces on the same day of arrest, The detainees including included professors, administrators and students
• It is worth mentioning that Professor Mamoun Homida has made a determined effort with the concerned authorities to ensure the release of all students detained by the security forces.
• Finally, the University wishes to reassure its staff and parents that it will continue its academic mission, characterized by discipline and academic stability.