PhD Nursing Sciences
Programme Coordinator, Dr Amal Abdelgadir Ali
Nursing is a profession with its own body of knowledge .It is a science of services for people that is continuously developed and directed to the human well-being for the individual, family and community.
The main goal of nursing service is to empower clients to develop their heath potential to the highest possible level.
This Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing programme is to prepare leaders in the development of nursing science, the quality of nursing service, and of the health service system, through further / advanced practical nursing preparation in the following main nursing specialties:
- Obstetrical /Gynecological Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Adult (Medical-Surgical Nursing)
- Mental Health &Psychiatric Nursing )
Graduates from the programme will think critically, be creative, have broad vision, be ethical and be capable of providing quality nursing care and exchanging scholarly ideas, as well as cooperating effectively both inside and outside the profession of nursing.
Our mission is to prepare nursing for meeting the ever –changing diverse health need of our nation and who should remain dedicated to.
- Upholding the highest standers of nursing care.
- Promoting conditions that allow nurses to practice their profession to the full extent of their knowledge and skill.
- Shaping health policy through its expertise and the strength and cohesiveness of its membership.