The Faculty of Pharmacy has in place a clinical pharmacy practice training program for the final year students. To ensure a broad training experience, clinical rounds are conducted in different hospitals covering the various medical specializations.
The following prominent hospitals collaborate with UMST in the clinical training program:
– Al Tamayouz Emergency Hospital
– Academy Charity Hospital
– Ahmed Gasim Hospital
– Radiation and Isotope Hospital
– Jaafer Ibn Aouf Hospital
– Al Zaytouna Private Hospital
- Our students are required to complete a specified training period in community pharmacy as part of their pharmacy practice course work.
- The Faculty of Pharmacy arranges supervised student visits to the following pharmaceutical companies and regulatory bodies:
– Azal Pharmaceutical Company
– Tabok Pharmaceutical Company
– Medicine and Poison Board
– Central Medical Supplies
The Faculty of Pharmacy has adequate and sufficiently equipped physical and educational facilities that ensure the successful achievement of the B.Pharm program objectives. These include:
- Five lecture rooms that comfortably accommodate all the faculty students. Each room is equipped with multimedia and a white board.
- Four specialized laboratories equipped with advanced instruments, devices and glassware assemblies as well as all the necessary chemicals and solvents.
- Adequate collection of up-to-date textbooks, reference books and journals in the university library with a digital search facility.
For more information, contact: