PgDip Epidemiology & Biostatistics
The diploma is full time for the duration of six months.
- Diploma will be conducted through formal lectures, interactive sessions and field work
- The curriculum is based on the course system.
- Main Topics
- 1. Basic Epidemiology.
- 2. Epidemiology and Statistics in Health Research.
- 3. Investigation of Outbreaks.
- 4. Disease Surveillance.
- 5. Design and Analysis of Epidemiological Studies.
- 6. Statistical Methods in Epidemiology.
Students will be assessed formally through
- Integral continuous assessment.
- End of course exam.
At the end of the diploma successful candidates will be awarded a post graduate Diploma in Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Admission to Post-Graduate Diploma in Epidemiology & Biostatistics applicants qualify for admission to Epidemiology & Biostatistics Diploma if they hold a bachelor degree in Medicine or related sciences from UMST or from another recognized University.
Faculties/Programmes may have additional requirements regarding admission to their programmes, Such additional requirements shall be approved by the Graduate College (GC).
Applications for admission to the programme shall be submitted to the Graduate College Admissions Office in the Orange Building on the University campus.
Applicants should bring with them a copy of personal identification, a copy of the university degree validated by the Ministry of Higher Education, two photographs and Certificate of experience (if any).
Click to view the