Public and Tropical Health
Programme Coordinator, Dr Hanan Tahir
In view of the need for the specialization in Public and Tropical Health and the importance of augmenting the appreciable efforts of the governmental institutes, coupled with the ever-growing number of donors and nongovernmental organisations, UMST in 2002 has launched a high standard MSc degree course in Public and Tropical Health, developed for candidates from a wide range of professions.
With the remarkable success in this field, the Public and Tropical Health programmes spanned to include the following postgraduate studies:
- MSc in Family Medicine, launched in June 2013
- MSc in Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases jointly, launched in October 2009
- Postgraduate Diploma in Family Medicine, launched in April 2009
- Postgraduate Diploma in HIV/AIDS, launched in May 2008
- Postgraduate Diploma in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, launched in October 2007
The Public Health Program form strong research partnerships nationally, regionally and internationally; established in collaboration with the United Nations University in Malaysia, the Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland and many other partnerships in the field of teaching, research and exchange of expertise.