Director of Alawia Imam Pharmaceutical Research and Development Institute, Professor Younis and delegates from environmental health department, Ministry of Health Khartoum State: Dr. Abdelah Bakhit and Dr. Abdelmoneum Ali had reached an agreement to start a collaborative link involving the following activities;
- Exchange of information on analytical techniques and laboratory procedures; that is: Follow-up of recently validated analytical methods published by internationally accredited standardization organizations.
- Joint Research projects within the following fields Occupational and public health:
- Indoor and outdoor air pollution (Petrol stations, refinery and chemical industries)
- Determination of lead exposure levels in the air of industrial sites, gasoline stations and residential sites.
- Water pollution (Health-risk-based Assessment
- Food pollution (mycotoxins in general and aflatoxin contamination).
- Pesticides residues in agricultural commodities.
- Analysis of toxic additives in foods and drinks (bread and milk to start now)
- Collaboration in Short term research projects (specific research projects will be announced very shortly)
- Collaboration in Long term research projects (to be designed in near future)
Assistance in laboratory know-how
Advisory and consultancy consignment and bilateral delivery of health related research.
- Any matters and arising issues related to public health that need scientific solution will be placed into focus and study.