Director of Computer Center, Dr Ahmed Hassan Mohamed Ali
The University of medical Sciences and Technology (UMST) established the Computer Center to enhance performance by automating the universities operations and providing outstanding service to all departments and units through providing suitable hardware equipment and networks, developing software applications, training the staff, and providing innovative technical solutions.
It consists of 6 units:
Network and maintenance unit
Website and information unit
Computer labs unit
Aims & Objectives
The UMST Computer Center aims to create a paperless university and provide excellent services in information technology.
- Ensuring maximum availability of computer systems throughout the University.
- Provision of IT infrastructure services including desktop applications, Local and/or Wide area networks, IT security and telecommunications.
- Develop and implement software application
- Working with senior management to propose, agree and deliver IT service to defined Service Level Agreements.
- Support UMST staff with IT Technical support.
- Responsible for IT hardware, software and maintenance procurement.
- Responsible for development and control of IT security policy.
- Responsible for maintaining, developing and updating university of medical sciences and technology website.