بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Opening of Al – Zaytouna Charity Center at Al-Salama
As part of its Social Responsibility practices, the University of Medical Science and Technology opened on Thursday 14/03/2019 a medical center at Al-Salama in the southern part of Khartoum. Tha opening was honored by the Assistant to the President of the Republic Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Senousi in the presence of the Director of the Ministry of Health, State of Khartoum Dr Babekir Mohammad Ali. The refering center near the Lake MosqueM, Lake Satation is composed of a Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dental, Child Vaccination and Pregnancy Detection, X-ray, ECG, Ultrasound, Reference Laboratory, Integrated Pharmacy. The center works with both the State and National Health Insurance bodies.
Owais Abdelhfeez Scoops First Prize of My Project on its 5th Season
Owais Mohammed Abdelhfeez Hassan, a student at the University of Medical Science and Technology, won the first prize of “My Project for the Fifth Season” to receive a 300,000 Sudanese Pounds prize money and a training trip to Britain.
Owais is enrolled in the in the Global MBA Impact in Entrepreneurship provided by the Italian University Cattolica in partnership with the University of Medical Sciences and Technology.
Owais has previously worked for several years with a number of companies operating in the field of Communications Engineering. Currently, he owns a wooden products company and works on a irrigation system. His project “DOUASH” is aiming at solving the problem of irrigation in medium-sized agricultural farms to increase the material return of farmers.The project strives to provide irrigation water by employing well-planned irrigation devises, responding to the specific needs of each plant. In this sense “DOUASH” is project for producing high quality national product at a competitive price.Owais maintains that he “believes that each of us has a role to play in this life.
It is our duty to society to contribute our vision and vision to the development and reconstruction of our societies so that future generations can enjoy a dignified livelihood for future generations and ensure the continuity of life”. He reiterates his belief that change comes with production and pushing the wheel of development forward, and not through theorizing and contaminating ideas with talk about economic theories.
Owais is the third student at UMST to win the “My Project” award for creative initiatives and new non-traditional inventions.
Declaration by the High Representative on behalf of the European Union on the situation in Sudan:
The EU is closely following the situation in Sudan. Measures being adopted under the newly declared state of emergency, the increased role of the military in governing the country, further curtail fundamental freedoms and undermine the recent offer of a new political dialogue.
They create a permissive climate for the security services to act with impunity against peaceful protesters. The latest attacks against unarmed students in the University of Medical Sciences and Technology and against peaceful protesters in Omdurman, are deeply disturbing.
Genuine political dialogue requires an environment in which the Sudanese people can exercise their legitimate right to express their views. This will be essential to create the national consensus needed to find sustainable responses to Sudan’s deep political and economic crisis.
The EU expects the Sudanese government to release all the journalists, members of the opposition, human rights defenders and other protesters in detention. Some of those with whom the dialogue is set to take place have been arbitrarily detained for over two months now. An independent investigation into the deaths and abuses should be undertaken with those responsible held to account.
The respect for these fundamental principles are at the core of the EU’s phased engagement with the government of Sudan. We will continue to monitor the situation and review the impact of the Government of Sudan’s actions on ites relations with the European Union.
* This statement was issued by Ms Frederica Mogherini, the EU High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice President of the European Commission in agreement with the European Union’s member states.
The European Union consists of 28 European countries (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom).
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Statement from Prof. Mamoun Homeida the Chairmen of the Board of Trustees of the University of Medical Sciences and Technology
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Statement from UMST Senate
The Senate of the University of Medical Sciences and Technology convened on emergency meeting on Monday the 25th of February to review and evaluate the unfortunate events that took place at the university precinct on Saturday the 24th of February. The Senate decided to issue a statement to establish and ascertain the following facts:
• Since its founding in May 1996 the University has remained faithful to fulfilling its academic and moral obligations and maintaining academic stability through steering away from political conflicts in order to preserve the safety of its students and continuity of their academic programs.
• The University exerted tremendous effort to continue the study by enabling its students to conducting their exams in a stable and successful manner. Immediately after the completion of the examination, classes were organized for the second semester of the academic year 2018-2019.
• Due to pressure generated by the current political environment outside the university and the suspension of studies of other universities, the students, including a numbers from other universities, congregated and demonstrated peacefully inside the university on Saturday 23rd of February. That demonstration was contained, but the returned to demonstrate and managed to leave the university campus. The denounced the entry of security forces and the police into the campus. This intrusion is contrary to the customs and traditions observed in breaking the demonstrations of students. Those unruly interventions resulted in serious repercussions including the safety of students, university staff and employees, and inflicting damage on the university property.
• The university asserts that it has never asked the security forces to enter the university campus; a preposterous claim circulated in some social networking sites, Contrary to that the University Vice President and the Principal together with a number of the University staff tried to prevent the students from going out into the street, but the student managed to crash the Southern gate, allowing the security men to enter and follow them into the campus and the halls and laboratories leading to considerable damage.
• Feeling great pain coupled with sadness and grief, the Senate has decided to suspend the study at the University pending completion of the investigations conducted by the University’s administration. At a parallel level the efforts of the top Management resulted in the release of the students detained by security forces on the same day of arrest, The detainees including included professors, administrators and students
• It is worth mentioning that Professor Mamoun Homida has made a determined effort with the concerned authorities to ensure the release of all students detained by the security forces.
• Finally, the University wishes to reassure its staff and parents that it will continue its academic mission, characterized by discipline and academic stability.
A delegation of the National Commission of Nigerian Universities will visit on Tuesday the 15th the University to hold a meeting with the top management at the GCC (Global Conference Center).
The purpose of the visit is to be fully informed of the experiences of the Sudanese medical educational institutions and professional establishments working in the field. The delegation will also investigate areas of future cooperation between the University of Medical Sciences and technology and Nigerian Universities.
Dr Iman Tag Elsir Abdullah
• PhD in Chemistry of Natural Products.
• Assistant Professor at the University of Medical Sciences and Technology.
• Head of Chemistry Department, UMST.
• Scientific Consultant, Sudanese Union of Herbalists and Complementary Medicine.
• Member of the Committee of the Association of Complementary Medicine, Medical and Health Professions.
• Director of Taj Al Thuraya Center for Treatment of Asthma.
Dr Iman is a proud holder of :
International and national patent of international intellectual property WIPO (pct) Geneva
This entails the protection and registration of the product in Sudan, South America, South Africa, India UAE, Saudi Arabia and Egypt.
An international searching report emphasized that the product is a new invention and can be manufactured in accordance with the patent’s conditions and within the period circulation as specified by the global trading of WIPO;
- Missions and Representation:
Sudan representative of Intellectual Property at the Conference of Women Inventors and Innovators in the Middle East (International Intellectual Property Organization in association with the League of Arab States (Cairo).
- Scientific Inimitability Conference for Medical Sciences (Abu Dhabi).
- Interview in the program Good Morning Arabs, Arabiya Channel, Dubai.
- Numerous ppublications of scientific papers.
- National Symposium on Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) regarding worldwide Patent Awarding System (Ministry of Justice in Cooperation with the Africa International University).
- Launching of experiments in 2011 at the National Research Center and then depositing the patent papers (action plan) with the Intellectual Property of Sudan at the General Registrar of Intellectual Property. In 2013 Papers were later transferred to the National Council of Medicines and Toxins. Following sending all the relevant results a patent was issued testifying that the product is safe and can be used as a treatment and subsequently:
• The outcome was published globally in September 2016.
• Its use has proved to be beneficial for many of its users.
• The product is composed of herbal and natural products and honey. It does not have any additives or industrial components.
Environment students are invited to present papers and posters at the Water Security and Climate Change Conference in Nairobi which is sponsored by Cologne University and DAAD.
This annual conference is held at different countries under the sponsorship of Institute of Tropic and Subtropic Area, University of Cologne, Germany).
The Sudan Education and Development institute (SEDI) Held a course in Women’s Health Medical Disorders in pregnancy & infertility – in the Global Conference Center (GCC) from 27th- 29th November 2018- it was attended by really 100 doctors from( M.O.H) mainly family medicine doctors from primary health care and final medical students from the university (UMST)
Two eminent guest speakers from Corniche Hospital (UAE) namely, doctor Saleema Wani (FRCOQ) head dept of OBST& GYN, and Dr. Bashir Taha Salih (Head dept of Obstetric medicine) from UMST Dr. Helmi Noor (Head of OBST, Dr. Mohamed Abdulrahem, Cons. OBST& GYN, Dr. Ahmed Dirar, consultant Endocrinologist, Dr. Salma Alnouri and Fateh Al.Alim , prof of psychiatry .
They discussed various Topics related to medical problems & pregnancy including infertility & mevpemunt , prescribing in pregnancy
Hypertension in pregnancy, Epilepsy in pregnancy , Eclampsia and how to manage as well as Cardio diseases with pregnancy and mental Health.
The third day was mainly on hematological problems & anemia in pregnancy, Headache, diabetes and obesity in pregnancy.
On Wednesday the 21st the University celebrated the International Children’s Day. The event which was held to honor the children of Maighoma Orphanage and Taybeh Home was organized at the Runway from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. It is worth noting that he event was made possible by a generous sponsorship from Al-Nilain Company and Aztan Legal Firm.
The event had boasted an exhibition and was cheered by a variety of vivid entertainment items. An appeal was also made to donate surplus of winter clothing and other items that could be of help to the children in need.